Peak Time Rewards is almost here!
Thank you for being a Peak Time Rewards participant and for your commitment to be part of something bigger. When you reduce energy usage during times of high electricity demand, you help increase grid reliability. Read on for tips on ways to save during events, how to be notified, and more.
How does Peak Time Rewards work?
- Events typically occur on hot, summer afternoons.
- Get notified about events through your selected preferences.
- Reduce energy usage during event hours to earn bill credits.
Stay notified this summer and update your notification preferences if your contact information changes. You can update your preferences at any time by visiting the Event Center or calling 1.844.787.7874.
We’ve gathered some tips to help you prep your home for Peak Time Rewards events and energy savings this summer. You can find more energy-savings tips, resources, and rebates in the Ameren Illinois Savings Center.
- Avoid using large appliances during event hours. If your dishwasher has a delay start option, set it to run after the event is over.
- Turn up your thermostat 4 degrees and use ceiling fans to help your home stay cool. Make sure your fans are set to turn counter-clockwise so air is pushed down, creating a cooling effect.
- Close window treatments to keep the heat out of your home.
- Replace the filter in your air conditioning unit so it runs more efficiently.
- If you have a smart thermostat, use it during the event to automate your savings.
Between June 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020, participants can earn $0.10 cents per kWh reduced during event hours. Bill credits are earned when energy usage is reduced below what is typically used. For more information on how your rewards are calculated, visit the FAQs.
Thank you for being a part of the Peak Time Rewards community!