Summer is here, so is Peak Time Rewards!
Thank you for being an engaged Peak Time Rewards participant. When you reduce energy use during events, you help give the grid a break which improves service reliability during times of high electricity demand. Read on for tips on ways to save during events, how to be notified, and more.
How does Peak Time Rewards work?
- Events can occur at any time of year, but they typically occur on hot summer afternoons.
- You’ll receive alerts about events through your selected notification preferences.
- When you reduce energy use during events, you help give the grid a break which improves service reliability during times of high electricity demand.
Don’t forget to update your notification preferences if your contact information changes. You can change your preferences at any time by visiting the Event Center or calling 1.844.787.7874.
Here are some tips to help you prepare your home for Peak Time Rewards events and saving energy this summer.
- Avoid using large appliances during event hours. If your dishwasher has a delay start option, set it to run after the event is over.
- Turn your thermostat up 4 degrees and use ceiling fans to help your home stay cool. Make sure your fans are set to turn counterclockwise so air is pushed down, creating a cooling effect.
- Close window treatments to keep sunlight from heating your home and help retain cool air.
- Opt for cooking outside on the grill instead of using your stove or oven. You’ll use less energy and keep the excess heat out of your home.
- Replace your air conditioner’s filter so it runs more efficiently.
- If you have a smart thermostat, use it during the event to automate your savings.
- You can find more energy saving tips, resources, and rebates in the Ameren Illinois Savings Center.
Between June 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021, participants can earn 12 cents per kWh reduced during event hours. For more information on how bill credits are calculated, visit the FAQs.
Thank you for being a part of the Peak Time Rewards community and for helping to make a difference!